Table of Contents
Do you have multiple calendars and struggling to reflect your availability across all of them?
Do you work with different clients and facing double bookings because of it?
Are you facing meeting conflicts in your organization, due to employees' schedules clashing with one another?
In this article, you'll learn about the best calendar sync tools that make it easier to reflect your schedule across multiple calendars.
Let's get into it.
What is a Calendar Sync Tool?
A calendar sync tool is a software program that helps individuals and teams sync their schedules across multiple calendars, reducing the likelihood of meeting conflicts and double bookings.
In simple words, a Calendar Sync Tool clones meetings from one calendar to another, or across multiple calendars, depending on how advanced the tool's calendar sync capabilities are.
Why is a Calendar Sync Tool important?
A Calendar Sync Tool is important because it helps individuals and teams avoid meeting conflicts and double bookings by syncing their schedules across multiple calendars. This can save time and reduce stress related to scheduling. Also, it makes communication simpler across teams, as it gives you the confidence that someone is not gonna book you at a slot that you’re busy with another calendar.
Furthermore, it’s a huge time saver. Imagine having multiple calendars, and as soon as someone schedules a meeting in one of them, you have to manually copy that meeting to all your calendars.
What are the best Calendar Sync Apps?
We’re going to rank the best Calendar Sync Tools and Apps based on their calendar sync flexibility, reliability, ease of use, and general features.
OneCal is by far the most configurable, reliable, and easy-to-use Calendar Sync in the market, supporting both Outlook and Google Calendars.
Core Features of OneCal
- Multi-way calendar sync. OneCal is the only tool in the market that allows you to sync multiple calendars in one go. Using other solutions, if you want to sync 4 calendars, you have to create 12 different synchronizations. With OneCal, you only need 1. This is a huge benefit for power-users, or professionals who manage more than 2 calendars on a daily basis, as it’s a huge time saver, as it takes only 1 minute to sync all your calendars.
- Reliable Calendar Sync. We have dedicated countless hours to developing the most reliable Calendar Sync algorithm, accounting even for the rarest edge cases, and making sure that our customers never face errors while syncing their calendars.
To add, we’ve set up a monitoring system in place that notifies our team every time a calendar sync fails, handling errors or red flags on the fly. We want to make sure that our users feel confident with our solution, and don’t face scheduling conflicts or confusion.
- Privacy-focused Calendar Sync. We know that privacy is crucial when synchronizing multiple calendars across different Organisations, that’s why we’ve built the most configurable Calendar Sync App in the market, allowing you to choose which meeting properties to sync across calendars. Don’t want to sync the meeting description? Want all the cloned events to have a custom color? You can do that.
- Automatic, Real-time, Fast synchronizations. OneCal is at least 5 times faster compared to the competition. Other calendar sync tools take up to 20 minutes to sync two meeting-heavy calendars, OneCal on the other hand, only takes 3 minutes.
All syncs are automatic and real-time. This means that as soon as a meeting is created on one of your calendars, it will be synced to all your calendars in real-time.
- Booking Links. OneCal also offers a booking links feature, similar to Calendly. This enables you to share your availability with others, and the ability for them to book meetings with you.
- View all your calendars in one place. With OneCal, you don’t need to juggle between Outlook and Google Calendars to navigate through meetings. We have a Calendar View feature, that allows you to view all your calendars in one place. You can view all your meetings, join conference calls, and much more.
- Excellent Customer Support and Team: What makes OneCal special isn't just its features. It's the way the team values each customer highly.
Given that OneCal allows you to sync multiple calendars in real-time, automatically, it charges based on the number of calendars you want to sync.
- Starter ($5/user/month): Connect and sync up to 2 calendars,
- Essential ($10/user/month): Connect and sync up to 5 Calendars
- Premium ($30/user/month): Connect and sync Unlimited Calendars
- Custom/Enterprise Plans
Please refer to the pricing page for more details.
OneCal offers a 14-day free trial, no credit card is required. Sign Up to sync all your calendars, streamline your scheduling, share booking links, and more.
CalendarBridge is a Calendar Sync tool, that also has support for Outlook and Google Calendars, but has taken a different approach to the pricing model, where it charges per calendar synchronization, meaning that you can only create one-way syncs.
Core Features of CalendarBridge
- Outlook and Google Calendar Support. CalendarBridge supports Outlook and Google Calendars, which means you can synchronize Outlook and Google Calendars.
- Booking Links. With CalendarBridge you can create booking links and share them so team-mates or other people book time with you.
- Customizable Calendar Sync. CalendarBridge offers a decent level of customization when it comes to synchronizing calendars. You can choose what to sync, or omit all event details if you’re concerned about privacy.
- Group Scheduling. With CalendarBridge, you can create Group Booking Links, which are great for multi-person meetings.
- Only support for one-way syncs. With CalendarBridge. you can only sync one calendar to another. If you want to sync 4 calendars, you have to create 12 different syncs. This is quite time-consuming if you are a power user or don’t want to spend too much time setting the whole thing up.
- Decent sync speed, but not fast. When syncing heavy-meeting calendars, it takes a while for CalendarBridge to sync them. It’s not the slowest sync tool, but not the fastest either.
When compared to Calendar Sync Apps such as OneCal, CalendarBridge is several times slower when it comes to syncing meeting-heavy calendars.
- Confusing UI. While the UI is acceptable, it gets quite confusing. For example, right after you set up a sync, there is no way to understand if the sync is successful, still running, or failed. This combined with the fact that if your calendars are meeting-heavy, the sync might take a while to finish, leaves you questioning whether the tool is working or not.
- Editing a sync requires all events to be deleted. If you edit a sync, CalendarBridge prompts that all your existing clones will be deleted.
- No Calendar-view feature. If you use CalendarBridge, while having multiple Outlook and Google Calendars, you’ll have to find a third-party app to view all your calendars in one place, or just juggle between Outlook and Google Calendar.
As mentioned, CalendarBridge charges you based on how many sync connections you create.
- Basic: $5 per user per month: 2 Always-On Sync Connections
- Premium: $10 per user per month: 16 Always-On Sync Connections
- Pro: $40 per user per month: 36 Always-On Sync Connections
For more info, please refer to CalendarBridge pricing page.
Want to see how OneCal compares to CalendarBridge? Read our detailed comparison of OneCal vs. CalendarBridge.
SyncGene is a tool that lets you sync Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, it also has support for Outlook and Google Calendar.
Core Features of SyncGene
- Outlook and Google Calendar Support. SyncGene supports Outlook and Google Calendars, which means you can synchronize Outlook and Google Calendars.
- Sync Tasks and Contacts. If you also need to sync Contacts and Tasks, along with Calendars, SyncGene is a great option, as you can set up all your syncs in one platform.
- One-way and two-way syncs. With SyncGene you can sync one calendar to another, or two calendars at the same time.
- Public sharing links. SyncGene has a booking links feature, that allows you to share a link where others can book meetings with you.
- Limited calendar sync options. With SyncGene, events are duplicated exactly as they are, leaving no room for choosing what to sync, which can result in undesirable outcomes, such as having private events visible to team members.
- Only one-way or two-way support. SyncGene offers only one-way or two-way synchronization, which restricts you if you need to sync more than 2 calendars, as you have to create multiple sync configurations to achieve your goal of syncing your calendars.
- Less intuitive UI. Compared to other calendar sync apps, SyncGene lacks a refined user experience. Furthermore, it might feel a little bit overwhelming, given that they offer sync solutions for Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks.
- No Calendar view Feature. With SyncGene, you can’t view all your calendars in one place, as it doesn’t offer a Calendar View feature. This means that you have to juggle different calendars or find another app that consolidates all your calendars into one view.
SyncGene has different prices for Individuals, teams, or enterprises.
Free: Sync 2 sources manually
Premium Yearly: $7.42 per month, up to 5 sources
Premium Monthly: $9.95 per month, up to 5 sources.
Team Premium Monthly: $19 per month, up to 4 members
Team Premium Yearly: $14.92 per month, up to 4 members
Enterprise Monthly: $10 per member
Enterprise Custom: Volume pricing
Want to see how OneCal compares to SyncGene? Read our detailed comparison of OneCal vs. SyncGene.
Reclaim AI is a calendar tool that mostly focuses on smart scheduling, and also has a calendar feature, only supporting Google Calendars.
Core Features of Reclaim AI
- Google Calendar Sync: With Reclaim, you can sync Google Calendars in real-time.
- One-way or two-way syncs: Reclaim allows you to sync one calendar to another, or two calendars at the same time.
- Scheduling Links: Reclaim has a scheduling links feature, that allows you to share a link with others so they can book meetings with you, similar to Calendly.
- Group scheduling: You can create multi-person booking links, which others can use to book time with a group of people.
- Smart scheduling features: Reclaim has other Smart Features such as Buffer Break times, Smart 1:1, smart habits, etc. but the focus of this article is calendar sync, so we won’t expand much to them.
Reclaim AI cons
- Only Google Calendar support: If you’re looking to sync Outlook calendars, or Google Calendars and Outlook Calendars, Reclaim is not the best choice, as it lacks Outlook support. In order to make the sync work, you’ll have to share the Outlook Calendar and import it to Google Calendar. The downside of doing that is that the syncs are not in real-time, and it takes up to 24 hours for new events to sync.
Furthermore, you’ll have to share each Outlook Calendar and import it to each Google Calendar one by one.
- One-way or two-way syncs: Reclaim lacks multi-way sync support. If you want to sync more than two Google Calendars, you’ll have to create multiple sync configurations.
- Basic Sync Options: You can choose to hide every event detail when syncing, but you can’t pick which meeting properties to sync. For example, you can't sync the event titles, but strip the meeting description, location, or other meeting properties.
- No sync status: With Reclaim, there's no way of knowing if a sync has been completed or is still in progress. This is especially confusing when you want to sync more than 2 calendars together, with multiple syncs.
Reclaim AI charges based on specific features and limitations that come around them. For detailed pricing, please visit their pricing page.
- Free: 2 Calendars, 1 sync
- Starter: $8 per user per month
- Business: $12 per user per month
- Enterprise: $18 per user per month
For more details, please visit the Reclaim AI pricing page.
Interested in comparing OneCal with Reclaim AI Calendar Sync? We wrote a detailed comparison of OneCal vs. Reclaim AI calendar Sync.
SyncThemCalendars is a Calendar Sync tool that only supports Google Calendar and offers decent calendar sync configurations.
Core Features Of SyncThemCalendars
- One-way calendar sync: With SyncThemCalendars you can sync one calendar to another.
- Choose what to sync: You can choose some properties of the meetings that will be synced over, such as description, title, etc.
- Only one-way sync support: If you plan to sync more than two calendars, it becomes challenging to sync them, as you’ll have to sync each calendar one by one. For example, if you want to sync 4 calendars, you have to create 12 different syncs.
- No Outlook Support: If you want to sync Google Calendar and Outlook Calendars, SyncThemCalendars is not the tool for you. The only way to get Outlook sync with Google Calendar is by sharing Outlook with Google Calendar. The downfall is that the calendars won’t stay in sync in real-time, but will have a delay of 24 hours
- Restricting paid plan: With the paid plan SyncThemCalendars offers, you can create up to 5 syncs, which means that you can sync 2 calendars at most. To sync 3 calendars, it takes 6 syncs, which means it’s not supported. You can sync more than 2 calendars, if you don’t want two-way syncs between them.
SyncThemCalendars charges based on how many syncs you want to create. As noted, this is quite limiting, as it's not possible to sync 3 or more calendars.
- $5 monthly or $48 annually, up to 5 syncs.
Interested in comparing OneCal to SyncThemCalendars? Check out our comparison post on OneCal vs. SyncThemCalendars.
Which is the best Calendar Sync Tool?
In terms of calendar sync features, OneCal is the top pick due to its multi-way sync function that allows for real-time and automatic syncing of multiple calendars. Its reliable and privacy-focused syncs, support for both Outlook and Google Calendar, and other features also make it the best choice for calendar syncing.
Sign up for a 14-day free trial to sync Outlook Calendars and Google Calendars in real time, avoid meeting conflicts, save time, and keep your personal life private.