Table of Contents
Managing multiple work calendars can be a daunting task in today's fast-paced work environment. With various meetings scattered across different work calendars, staying organized is crucial. Fortunately, technology offers solutions to merge work calendars, streamline availability, and avoid meeting conflicts.
In this guide, we'll explore how to sync multiple work calendars, helping you overcome scheduling conflicts and stay on top of your commitments. Whether you're balancing personal and professional events or collaborating with a team spread out in different places in the world, we'll provide you with the tools and strategies you need to regain control of your time.
How to Automatically Sync Multiple Work Calendars
The most reliable method of syncing multiple work calendars is by using OneCal. OneCal is the most advanced calendar sync software to date, offering real-time Outlook and Google Calendar syncs. The best part is that by using OneCal you can sync multiple calendars, in less than one minute.
How to use OneCal to sync multiple work Calendars
- Connect your Work calendars. The first step is to connect your Work Calendars. OneCal supports Outlook and Google Calendar.
- Choose which Work Calendars to sync. The second step is to choose which Work Calendars you want to synchronize. The maximum number of calendars you are allowed to sync in one go is 8.
- Configure how events are synced. The third step is to configure how work meetings are duplicated across all your work calendars. It’s not a good idea to sync all the event details across your work calendars, as you don’t want a client to see the details of personal meetings, or meetings in other calendars. That’s why you have the freedom to choose which meeting details you want to sync over your work calendars. The recommendation is that you only send a placeholder title, such as ‘Busy’, and nothing else. This way you block the time you’re busy in all your work calendars, but on the other hand, you don’t share any private details.
- Your work calendars are in sync! Meetings from all your calendars are kept in sync, in real time. As soon as a new meeting is created in one of your work calendars, OneCal will sync it with the other work calendars in real-time, automatically.
💡 Pro Tip: You can Sign up for a 14-day free trial, no credit card required, to test OneCal and see if it works for you. This way, you can sync multiple work calendars in real time, avoid double meetings and confusion, and streamline your schedule.
Benefits of using OneCal to sync multiple work calendars.
- Reliable, real-time sync. We know that having a streamlined scheduling availability across all work calendars is very important, as otherwise leads to double bookings and meeting conflicts. This is why our algorithm makes sure that all meetings are synced in real-time, automatically, across all your work calendars. Furthermore, our team receives notifications every time something goes wrong, making sure that your availability is always up-to-date.
- You have full control over your privacy. While managing different businesses, clients, or calendars, it’s very important to keep in mind that privacy is crucial. We’ve put a lot of effort into breaking down the sync process, allowing you to choose what to sync over your work calendars. You can choose to sync every meeting detail or just a title.
It's important to note that workspace administrators won't have access to view events or calendar details that are replicated by OneCal.
- Easy setup, no time wasted. We’ve made sure that the user experience is top-notch, allowing you to set up your syncs as fast as possible.
How to Manually Sync Work Calendars By Importing
The second method of syncing multiple work calendars is by importing each calendar one by one. This method is quite complicated, as depending on the amount of work calendars you have, and which provider they are, might take you hours to set up, and that’s not all. Syncs might take more than 24 hours to complete, and they are not reliable.
Let’s break down how to sync multiple work calendars, by provider:
Syncing an Outlook Work Calendar with Google Work Calendar
If you want to sync a Work Outlook Calendar to a Work Google Calendar, you have to export the Outlook Calendar and import it to Google Calendar, in a 13-step process. Note that you have to repeat the same process for each pair of calendars. To learn how to do this right, check out this step-by-step guide we wrote on How To Sync Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar.
Syncing a Google Work Calendar to an Outlook Work Calendar
If you want to sync a Work Google Calendar to a Work Outlook Calendar, you have to export the Google Calendar and import it into Outlook Calendar, by following an 8-step process. Note that you have to repeat the same process for each pair. Here is a detailed step-by-step guide we wrote on How To Sync Google Calendar With Outlook.
Syncing Multiple Google Work Calendars
If you want to sync multiple Work Google Calendars, you have to share them one by one and import them into each Google Calendar. Please visit How to Sync Multiple Google Calendars for a full overview of the process.
Syncing Multiple Outlook Work Calendars
If you want to sync multiple Work Outlook Calendars, you have to share them one by one and import them into each Outlook Calendar. You can check out this detailed step-by-step guide we wrote on How to Sync Multiple Outlook Calendars.
Drawbacks of syncing multiple work calendars by importing
- More meeting conflicts. If your team uses the “Find a Time” feature in any of your Work Google Calendars to schedule meetings, they won’t be able to see events outside of your Primary calendar. This often leads to meeting conflicts across calendars.
- No Privacy Controls. Given that you’ll be syncing the work calendars by sharing, you don’t have any controls, aside from choosing to make everything public or private. Workspace administrators may be able to see events and details for those events from imported calendars. This is a deal-breaker for a lot of people.
- The sync process is not reliable. If you sync a Google Calendar to an Outlook Calendar by sharing, new changes take 24 hours or longer to update. Oftentimes, new events are not synchronized, leading to double bookings and confusion between team members.
- You can only sync one Work Calendar to another Work Calendar. Syncing by sharing is one way, meaning that if you have 3 calendars, you have to repeat the same process 6 times.
Sync Multiple Work Calendars Automatically using OneCal
If you need to sync 2 work calendars and don't mind spending hours setting the sync, and the sync being reliable while having fewer privacy controls, syncing via importing is a good alternative. If time, privacy, and reliability are your priority, OneCal is a lifesaver.
Sign up for a 14-day free trial to sync multiple work calendars in real time, avoid double meetings and confusion, and streamline your schedule.